Wesley, the Owl

Meet, Wesley -- the barn owl.




How cute is this little guy?

Since it seems that people are blogging about pets, tonight, I thought I might as well link to Pete's latest story about a pet -- Wesley, the Owl.

Wesley has to be (other than my kids) maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen or read about.


Thursday, October 16, 2008
A lifetime spent as an owl's best friend

By PETER LARSEN
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

Stacey O'Brien pressed her cheek to her baby and whispered into his asymmetrically placed ears: "I am your mother now."
A few days later, her boy – Wesley, because it sounded sweet and sophisticated, Valentine, because he arrived on that day – opened his eyes for the first time.
"Hello, Wesley," O'Brien said to his soulful eyes.
"Screeeeech," Wesley replied.
And then off to the freezer she ran to fetch a few mice slices for his next meal...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apocalyptic siren song that is Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"

Nothing remotely ordinary about "Ordinary Days" at SCR.

Two summer movie standouts: Cyrus and Exit Through The Gift Shop