WASSUP 2008

This whole thing is great, but you have to stay with it till the end to fully appreciate.

Note: I hear the actors in this are the same ones in the original. Cool, huh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, man. Thanks for posting that---I hadn't seen it anywhere else!
This is too cool. Which one is the original vidoe? I'm all curious now.
Hey, Lizard and constantly dramatic: Glad you liked it.

I just looked up the background from Museum of Moving Image -- But, there's an even better history of the "Whassup?" Ad on Wikipedia.

Here's the short answer:
The "Wassup" Guys Return for an Independent Obama Ad:

Charles Stone III, the film director who made the popular "Wassup" commercial for Budweiser in 1999, has created a pro-Obama sequel. This independently produced Web video which seems bound to become a viral video hit. It has received half a million YouTube views within its first day of being posted.

Popular posts from this blog

The apocalyptic siren song that is Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"

Nothing remotely ordinary about "Ordinary Days" at SCR.

Two summer movie standouts: Cyrus and Exit Through The Gift Shop