Apocalypse Now in O.C. November, 15th 2008













When I woke up there was a hot, crazy wind blowing.

I went outside and it felt like the devil's hairdryer was left on.

A hot wind was blowing all the leaves, and dirt and branches about in a crazy manner, not gusts -- just hot, swirling wind...it's an odd and disturbing sensation being in this insistent, hot dry wind.

And then in the early afternoon, I took the kids to GoodWill to find some treasure, but once we actually saw the distant sky, we drove home immediately. It was a thick, brown-black band of an almost liquid that spread out over the distant horizon on what was otherwise a clear and perfect day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apocalyptic siren song that is Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"

Nothing remotely ordinary about "Ordinary Days" at SCR.

Two summer movie standouts: Cyrus and Exit Through The Gift Shop