Where The Wild Things Are -- looks amazing


Ever since I can remember I have considered Maurice Sendak's book, Where The Wild Things Are, to be utter perfection.

His illustrations so brilliantly capture the freaky way adults can crowd and overwhelm a child on their own personal journeys. One minute appearing to be a loving tribe, then an angry mob, the next. All depending on one's perspective, of course as well as the adults expectations of the hero of the story, Max.



Anyhow --

Since I clearly hold Sendak's original classic to be one of the few bibles of great children's literature, I was reluctant to accept that one could improve it by reinventing it into an art that that doesn't, actually, involve reading.

However, perhaps I'll be a convert if the entire film is as good as this trailer.



Comments

I saw the trailer this weekend at the theater, and it looks incredible!

Popular posts from this blog

The apocalyptic siren song that is Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"

Nothing remotely ordinary about "Ordinary Days" at SCR.

Two summer movie standouts: Cyrus and Exit Through The Gift Shop